It’s hard to believe that it is the first day of September. It is an exciting day for me as my baby boy turns three today. Time is flying by. Next, I’m also celebrating another milestone — my 6 month blog anniversary! It’s amazing to me that this blog has grown so much in the last six months. Thanks so much for reading, commenting and keeping me inspired!
To celebrate this anniversary, I thought it would be a good time to share some highlights and lessons learned from beauty blogging over the past six months:
1) The thrill of gaining my first “follower.” I had an idea to start a blog, did it and told my friend Linda who immediately signed up as my first follower. I remember writing the first few posts, wondering who was out there in blog world and feeling comforted by the fact that I knew Linda was reading my posts. Thanks Linda!
2) Gaining my first comment. This came from the ever so lovely Belle du Jour. I remember telling all my friends that I had a comment from someone I didn’t know. What a thrill!
3) Meeting new online friends like Liparazzi, the Makeup Snob, VexintheCity, Jo, Nadia, Rocaille, Stefanie, Em, Lou, Naomi, Lyndsay, Grace London, MakeupMama, Farah, Witoxicity and all of you who have been following and subscribing to my blog. Everyone that I’ve encountered has been so friendly, kind and generous. A big thank you — I’ve enjoyed getting to ‘meet’ and know you through comments, emails, and via our respective blogs!
4) Realizing that blogging takes time! From thinking of post ideas, writing posts, taking photos to reading blogs and commenting — this “hobby” does take up a lot of time. But it’s time I thoroughly enjoy.
5) Keeping up with the beauty lingo. From MSFs to MLBB to the ever so popular ‘haul,’ it’s cool that our community has its own language. It took me a while to figure out what everything stood for though.
6) Blogging has further fueled my makeup addiction. I was already a makeup fanatic before I started blogging but now it’s taken off to a whole new level.
7) Discovering my blog’s international reach. This to me is one of the coolest aspects of blogging. It’s like virtual pen-pals but in real-time! And how cool is it that we can learn about each other’s makeup brands. And even more cool that some of us are swapping products so we can have the opportunity to try new products!
8) Discovering how difficult FOTDs are to do. I thank all of you for the tips but I am still not thrilled with how my photos are turning out. I guess practice makes perfect!!
9) Realizing that I’m both a makeup collector and makeup user. I love makeup that I can’t get in Canada. From the UK to Italy, whatever isn’t available here is what I want to acquire — and use!
10) Being amazed about how much we can write and talk about makeup. People who aren’t into this community often ask me ‘just how much can you all talk about makeup?’ or ‘how do you keep writing about makeup?’ Well it seems like the possiblities are endless. It’s amazing, no?
Sorry for the long post. That’s it. A bit of rambling but that’s typical of me, no?
So, thank you dear readers – for continuing to read, to comment and showing your support!! It’s been a blast!
Here’s to a future of more beauty buys, reviews and all the things we love to talk about! After all, Lipstick Rules!