Inspired by Kate

I’ve been obsessed over the royal tour currently taking place  in New Zealand and Australia. I can’t get enough of Kate, Wills, and of course, little Prince George. Today, I was inspired by Kate’s makeup i.e. heavier eyeliner, lots of blush and a nude lipstick.  It’s funny though — no matter how much I think I’ve slapped on my face, it never looks like that much in pictures.

I know Kate is often criticized for lining her eyes heavily but I think she always looks flawless and beautiful. If you find a look that you love and you feel great, then why not go for it, right?

For my look, I didn’t line my eyes as much as Kate does but it is a tad more than what I normally wear.For today’s look, I wore MAC Brule eyeshadow all over the lid, MAC Cork eyeshadow in the crease, and MAC Espresso along the lashline. For eyeliner, I used a very dark purple from Dior (I can’t remember the name!). On the cheeks, I used Hourglass Ambient Blush in Diffused Heat, which is an absolutely beautiful poppy colour. It gives such a pretty glow.

On the lips, I chose a lipstick from L’Oreal’s Collection Privee* called Eva’s Nude. The colour is named after Eva Longoria, and is a lovely peachy nude. If I didn’t wear blush or eyeliner, this colour would definitely make me look like the Walking Dead. I love the colour but I am not a  fan of the plasticky/weird smell to it.

All in all, I was happy with my Kate-inspired look.

Note: I can’t seem to find this lipstick online so I’m not certain it’s available in Canada anymore. Please do let me know if it is!

Over to you, do you celebrities ever inspire your makeup?

*Post contains press sample. Views are my own.

7 thoughts on “Inspired by Kate

• April 15, 2014 at 8:45 pm

Oh Michelle I love this look on you! Very “springy”! I love heavy eyeliner but only on upper lids for me and nudish lipstick I love! Has L’Oréal brought back the Eva lippie? I missed it when it first came out?

• April 15, 2014 at 9:19 pm

Thanks Icaria! I normally only do eyeliner on upper lashline as well. This is a new way of doing it for me. As for this lipstick, I don’t think they have. This is a sample I got last year before the Toronto International Film Festival in September.

• April 16, 2014 at 4:41 am

Hey Michelle, what a great look! Blushes never ever show up true-to-life in photos, so don’t worry about it! It looks just enough here! I didn’t know Kate is criticized for lining her eyes heavily! For me she is a real lady, well-educated and well bred :)

• April 16, 2014 at 1:07 pm

Love it! I think you look very chic! And I agree with Sunny-blushes never show up in pictures as what they look like for real on your cheeks.

• April 20, 2014 at 8:05 pm

Fabulous! And yes, any time you’re wearing makeup and you think, “I should take a picture of this!” it comes out looking like…”Am I even wearing anything?!”. Totes disappointing. I love Kate’s look, too! And her clothing. Want! Celebrities can definitely inspire me makeup and hair wise. I’m still obsessed with Rachel McAdams’ blonde locks with pink highlights from like….8 years ago!