Do you have an Everyday Lipstick?

Do you have an ‘everyday’ lipstick?  I wish I did. I tend to gravitate from one lipstick to another, falling in and out of love with various colours and formulas. But there are lipsticks in my collection that would fall perfectly into the realm of perfect, everyday lipsticks. These lipsticks are ones that aren’t too ‘out there’ in terms of colour (no fuchsia here!), but still give enough of a colour impact to look like you’re wearing something. These everyday lipsticks truly are ‘my lips but better’ colours.

One of the lipsticks that falls into this category for me is Revlon Colorburst in Rosey Nude, a beautiful but often neglected gem in my collection.  I forgot how much I loved this lipstick. It glides on beautifully and adds the perferct amount of a pinky brown.

The colour worked well paired with my outfit of the day, which centered around a mint cardigan, and black and white stripes. (Oops, don’t tell my husband he made it into a FOTD ;-) )

Unlike many lipsticks in my collection, I’m actually almost done this tube. I am definitely going to repurchase this one(Update: I’ve since heard from a lovely reader that the ColorBurst lipsticks have been discontinued. Heart-broken lipstick lover here as I love so many colours from that line).

Read my previous review of this colour plus other comparable, “my lips but better’ colours here.

Do you have an everyday lipstick?

7 thoughts on “Do you have an Everyday Lipstick?

• April 10, 2014 at 5:39 pm

I love the Revlon Colorburst lipsticks, but they were discontinued last year! I think you might still be able to find them in some places, but not easily. :(

• April 10, 2014 at 6:33 pm

Hey Michelle, oh this is a great everyday shade on you for sure! I’m sticking to Dior Spring Ball Addict Extreme, which was limited edition but I grabbed TWO backups. I never ever buy backups, so that should tell you how much I love that stuff :)

• April 10, 2014 at 7:51 pm

I don’t have an everyday lipstick right now but I used to. I’m trying to rotate everything I have. Before it was either MAC Cosmo or Dior Grege.

• April 10, 2014 at 10:59 pm

I’m more of an everyday lipgloss girl rather than lipstick. I’d say Too Faced Glamour Gloss in “Pillow Talk” is my go-to if I have no idea what to wear. It’s a plumping glossy true nude. If I HAD to pick a lipstick, I’d say MAC “On Hold.”

• April 12, 2014 at 8:52 am

This is a great everyday lippie! I have two favorites in rotation at the moment, Rouge Dior in Charnelle and NARS Dolce Vita. :)

• April 20, 2014 at 11:38 pm

What in the heck?! They’re discontinued?! I feel shocked! :/ This color is perfect on you, and I love it that your hubby made it into your post! My everyday shade was MAC Modesty, but it’s been recently upended from the top pole position by MAC Patisserie. I also love NARS Risky Business gloss on it’s own or over any lipstick. These guys live in my purse so I can get to them any time!