New Makeup Favourites from Maybelline, Marcelle, shu uemura

Simple and sophisticated are two goals I try to achieve with any makeup look. There are a few new-ish products that have entered my makeup rotation that have helped me to achieve these goals.
Marcelle Eyebrow Pen in Universal Dark*: I think I’ve found my HG of eyebrow pencils…except this is a pen. A few strokes of this on my brows and voila, groomed brows. Since it is a pen, it lasts longer on me than pencil or powder. I would recommend applying in short strokes (no drawing your eyebrows in ladies!) to achieve the most natural look. I love this.

Marcelle Monochromatic Blush in Natural*:  To me, this blush has become a must-have. It is one of those muted rosy pink shades that adds just enough colour to the cheeks. It reminds me of colours like Tarte Exposed or NARS Douceur. But this one is half the price of those ($16 Canadian). This blush is definitely natural — and very, very beautiful. It was velvety smooth to apply, and the pigmentation was fantastic.

Maybelline the Elixir in Breathtaking Apricot*: I adore these Color Elixirs from Maybelline. They have the shine of a gloss, the feel of a balm, and the colour impact of a lipstick. They feel super comfortable on, and never sticky. This colour is one my favourites. It’s fresh and perfect for spring.

shu uemura Lasting Gel Pencil Eyeliner*: I’ve had this for a while and not sure why I never tried it before. It’s amazing. With a few clicks, you can line your eyes easily without tugging. The pencil is soft but the gel formula ensures you get maximum wear. It is waterproof and tear-proof too — it did not budge the entire day. I am in love.

Hope you had a great week! See you tomorrow.

6 thoughts on “New Makeup Favourites from Maybelline, Marcelle, shu uemura

• March 7, 2014 at 11:01 am

That Shu pencil IS amazing. I think it’s the best one I’ve tried in ages. I keep forgetting to blog about it too-thanks for reminding me! You look gorgeous as always my friend! Happy weekend!

• March 7, 2014 at 3:40 pm

Hey friend! I know – I can’t believe I let it just sit there for so long. Ah well, better late than never right?

• March 7, 2014 at 12:24 pm

I love the Maybelline Color Elixir in Caramel Infusion….it’s a really great, totally wearable pinky coral colour…perfect put it on and forget it! It looks blah in the tube but on the lips it completely transforms.

Cheers, Lisa

• March 7, 2014 at 3:41 pm

I think I have that one too Lisa. Is it bad that I can’t remember? LOL.

• March 7, 2014 at 8:32 pm

I love the lip colour on you, Michelle. I don’t think I pay enough attention to drugstore items. I really should, since they offer pretty pretty good stuff with a fraction of the price!

• March 10, 2014 at 6:28 pm

Thanks Lily! I’ve been so surprised by the quality of drugstore makeup – some products i would say are better than high end ones! Definitely worth a look.