Geeking out over MAC, NARS, and Hourglass — and at ComiCon

This weekend, I kind of geeked out. My fam and I went to ComiCon Toronto, and I also geeked out over some new makeup. Of course. To attend ComiCon, I bypassed lipstick (gasp!) and went the gloss route for once, deciding to test drive one of MAC’s new Mineralize Glass lip glosses. These new glosses just launched last week.

The colour I wore to ComiCon was New Love Be Nice a beautiful reddish pink. I paired the gloss with an old favourite, Soar lip pencil. The combination was awesome in my opinion. (Updated: Be Nice is another colour I am testing out. Mixed up the two when I wrote this originally)

I am not a big fan of MAC lipglass as I find them too sticky for my liking. However, these Mineralize Glasses don’t feel tacky or thick, and are non-sticky. Hooray! New Love Be Nice offers a sheer wash of pinky red, and the shine is just divine. Given my pigmented lips, I find gloss works best if I wear a liner. I outline my lips ever so slightly with my selected liner, apply the teeniest amount of liner inside the lip line, blot and then apply the gloss. I love the effect.

Along with the gloss, I also started test driving NARS Narcissist eyeshadow palette and the Hourglass Ambient Blush in Diffused Heat, two items I caved in and purchased last week. I just couldn’t help it after reading and watching countless number of positive reviews. I see so many amazing possibilities with the NARS shadows. As for the Ambient blush, let’s just say I feel the need to acquire more.

I definitely have no regrets whatsoever about my haul and am pleased as punch about the formula of the MAC gloss.  Now, here’s a look at me at ComiCon, pretending to be the Emperor. Do I look scared of the Storm Trooper or what?!

How was your weekend?

*MAC Mineralize Glass – sample provided. Views are my own
 NOTE: I recently added the Disqus plug-in to this blog. I’m still in the process of exporting comments into Disqus and given how much content I’ve written and you’ve commented in for the last five years, it’s taking some time. If you commented on a previous post and you don’t see it here, that’s the reason. Apologies for any delay! Email me, tweet me or message me on Instagram or Facebook if you need to get in touch!

9 thoughts on “Geeking out over MAC, NARS, and Hourglass — and at ComiCon

• March 10, 2014 at 8:40 pm

That Storm Trooper looks jealous of your lip gloss! Looks wonderful on you! You got the NARS palette! And an Hourglass Blush too! Wow! I keep thinking about those things, but haven’t caved…yet. :)

• March 10, 2014 at 9:01 pm

Hahaha, looks like the Storm Trooper is holding your hostage for your all your lipsticks. I’m loving my NARSissist palette (like that was ever a question) and originally passed on the HG blushes. I figured I can just add the Lighting Powders over blushes I already own. But in the spirit of Daylight Savings and ultimate lazy, I can imagine myself buying one after all.

• March 10, 2014 at 9:20 pm

LOL – my kids wouldn’t get their pic taken but my husband and I were all over it. LOL. I am so pleasantly surprised by how much I love the NARS palette. As for the blushes, I think you might need to consider at least one ;-)

• March 10, 2014 at 9:21 pm

Hey Nikki, I feel the same way about lipglasses and hate how they stick to my hair. These don’t have the same texture at all. I am liking!

• March 11, 2014 at 10:05 am

YASSS! So happy to see you’re using Disqus now so I’ll know when you reply! You look adorbs next to that storm trooper. I’ve honestly never thought of using lip pencil with a gloss — I will try this method! I’m definitely trying not to cave and buy an Ambient Blush because it seems like everyone who does, ends up wanting MOAR! :)

• March 12, 2014 at 7:31 pm

Helloo! I’m happy too. Now if only I can figure out how to import all the comments from the past into this. Ah well, I guess I’ll just have to look ahead. I forget to use lip pencils most of the time but this time I was inspired. It looked great in my opinion! And you are right, once you enter the Ambient blush world, you will want moar ;-)

• March 13, 2014 at 10:12 pm

It took mine days and days before it converted all of my older comments into Disqus, but it will work! I’m going to Sephora this w/e and I know there’s no avoiding the Ambient Lighting display…we shall see what transpires…no promises. ;)