Rediscovered: MAC Viva Glam 1 Lipstick

Viva Glam 1 was a lipstick I loved for many years. ‘Distracted’ by other lipsticks, I forgot to buy it again when I finished the tube (yes, I have finished a lipstick!). Recently, I started to become enamored again with retro red lipsticks, and I came across this beauty at the MAC counter. I swatched it, and fell in love all over again.

It is definitely a statement, va-va-va-voom kind of red. It’s matte so you’re lips should be in tip top shape, i.e.  don’t do what I did above. LOL.

The colour is opaque so if you want to tone it down, you could dab it in with a lip brush or your finger. When wearing this colour, I tend to keep it simple with my eye makeup  and add a bit of rosy blush to complement the lipstick colour.

All in all, I’m happy to have this colour back in my wardrobe.

Have you tried Viva Glam 1?

10 thoughts on “Rediscovered: MAC Viva Glam 1 Lipstick

• February 22, 2014 at 11:43 pm

LOVE Viva Glam I!! I think it’s the ultimate VG lipstick. It looks amazing on you! I wish MAC would bring back Ru Paul to do another VG. I am SO SICK of Rhianna already haha!

• February 23, 2014 at 4:12 pm

I agree re: Rihanna haha. Thanks lady!

• February 23, 2014 at 7:42 am

Hey Michelle, oh wow you did the right thing purchasing a new tube! This looks GREAT on your skin tone! I have the gloss version of the shade, and I was surprised how much I like it! I usually avoid anything brownish, but for some reason this shade just works!

• February 23, 2014 at 4:13 pm

Thanks Sunny! Yes, there is definitely brown in this colour and it does remind me a bit of the 1990s. But like you said, somehow this shade just works!

• February 23, 2014 at 8:40 am

This red looks great on you! I’m not a fan of MAC lipsticks because they’re quite drying on my lips. I like the looks of a few shades, but I know I can’t purchase them… because I might wear it once and then not wear it again. So what I do is, look for similar shades in other brands :-)

• February 23, 2014 at 4:13 pm

Thanks Lily! Smart idea — I’m sure I have dupes of every lipstick I own but somehow I keep on buying. #lipstickaddict ;-)

• February 23, 2014 at 12:18 pm

VGI is awesome on you! I haven’t used that one before, but I have recently been dabbling in the red zone which has been quite fun!

• February 23, 2014 at 4:14 pm

Love that you’re dabbling in red! It is fun. I’m gonna wear Unapologetic just for you tomorrow btw ;-)

• February 23, 2014 at 12:51 pm

I love VG I! I just got this too and it’s so funny that you just wrote about it. Looks gorgeous on you of course! Rocking it well, mama.

• February 23, 2014 at 4:15 pm

You know what they say, Arianne: Great minds think alike…or is it makeup addicts? LOL