How is it mid-February already? This long and never-ending Canadian winter is putting a serious crimp in my beauty blogging motivation. But I’m trying ladies. I’ve been trying to add some spice to my looks on a daily basis as a way to motivate myself, and here’s a few things that stood out to me:
- There’s nothing like a bright lipstick to brighten my day. As soon as I have a bright lipstick on, I feel more alive. In the last month, I’ve rediscovered old favourites like MAC’s Girl about Town and Viva Glam 1 (top left picture). I’ve worn these regularly, including on outings to the grocery store with the fam. After all, why not glam it up while buying broccoli?
- I am addicted to lipstick/lipbalm/stain crayons. From NARS Satin Lip Pencils to Clinique Chubby Sticks, to Revlon Laquer Balm Stains to Annabelle Twist-Ups, my collection of these hybrid pencils continues to expand like there’s no tomorrow. I think I might love pencils more than tubes of lipstick. I love the colours and formulation, and I love how portable and easy to use they are. Ground-breaking, I know, right?
- Wavy hair makes me happy. You know what they say about the grass always being greener on the other side? Well, that’s how I feel about my hair. I was born with stick straight hair and having big, wavy hair makes me happy on a daily basis. Don’t worry, I don’t foresee a perm in my future. Remember those?
- Accessorize me. I used to wear the same pair of earrings every day. But now, it’s a free for all. From earrings to statement necklaces, I’m your woman. I love it all. If you follow me on Instagram (@Michelle_LipstickRules), you’ll notice that I love statement necklaces, especially from Stella & Dot (see images above and below of two new Stella & Dot acquisitions). I love how just adding a necklace can change a look in a flash. Easy peasy.
- Graphic tees/sweaters might not be age appropriate for me but who the F—- cares! I’ve read that this is a trend for the 20 somethings. Too bad. I don’t care. I’m all over this trend, and I’m proud of it. It started last summer when I bought a t-shirt from Old Navy that said “Little Black Tee”. I just love shirts with sayings or cool images on it. I love throwing them on with jeans or under a blazer or cardigan for work. My latest acquisition is the Tres Jolie sweater from H&M pictured above. It brings back memories of the ’80s when I wore my beloved “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go” sweatshirt everywhere. You know, from the Wham! video? Those were the days.
Ah Monday ramblings, how I missed thee.
Here’s to a great week ahead!