On this day I liked my makeup…and so, a post!

Happy New Year, beauties! Even though it’s snowy and cold in my part of the world, I decided to go with a summery look the other day, choosing bronzes and corals. It was a nice change, and I was actually quite pleased with the results so finally I have a post I can share!

The colour I chose for my lips was See Sheer by MAC, a long-time favourite. It is to me a nice change from the dark vampy colours and bright pinks I typically sport during this season.

I was testing out the Naked Palette 3, and thought See Sheer would work well with the bronzey pinks I chose from the palette. It did. Truth be told, I don’t always love how I do my makeup and recently, I looked so tired in all my pictures that I haven’t been able to post a thing.

But this day was different. Happy, happy. I look alive again!

Here’s a list of products that I used:

• Foundation: Make Up Forever HD Foundation #140
  • Hourglass Ambient Powder: Diffused Light (love this! review to come)
  • NARS ┬áMadly blush
  • Urban Decay Naked Palette 3
  • MAC See Sheer lipstick
  • L’Oreal Voluminous Butterfly mascara (love this! review to come)

Did you have any makeup discoveries over the holidays?

8 thoughts on “On this day I liked my makeup…and so, a post!

• January 2, 2014 at 8:12 pm

Oh Michelle! You’re my kind of girl! A spring look? I’m in since it was so cold today! Love the eyes! I haven’t made up my mind about UD3 yet but since it’s not LE i guess I can take my time. I just might do something similar tomorrow. Wishing you a great year! xoxo

• January 2, 2014 at 8:53 pm

Happy New Year Icaria! It was freakin’ cold today and apparently tomorrow is going to be worse! RE: UD3, I’m on the fence on it. I think I may like the other two palettes more than this one…continuing to test and will share verdict in a week or so!

• January 2, 2014 at 10:08 pm

Pretty!! I like how See Sheer looks so fresh on you! I like bright springy looks myself lately too. I can’t do the vampy thing anymore. It looks ridiculous with the grey hair HA. I look like one of Monty Python’s Hells Grannies, tripping all the young girls, hitting people with my purse…:P

• January 5, 2014 at 6:53 pm

You are hilarious. I love it!

• January 3, 2014 at 2:39 am

Happy new year, Michelle! I’ve tried See Sheer and I did like it, but I haven’t picked it up yet! I wear corals all year round, so it’s not just seasonal for me ;)

• January 5, 2014 at 6:54 pm

I am going to do that — love corals!

• January 3, 2014 at 8:49 am

What a fresh look, Michelle :-) Happy new year to you too!

• January 5, 2014 at 6:54 pm