Love This: Cherry Glaze Huggable Lip Colour from MAC

To kick off the New Year, I decided to put myself on a spending ban…on clothing. Considering it’s only mid-January, I like to think I’ve done well so far. But you know what they say about one door closing, another opens. And this door has opened to makeup hauling. Oh yes. I confess. There’s been some hauling. First haul of the year was for MAC’s new Huggable lipsticks, a limited edition range of moisturizing glossy lipsticks.

I ordered three colours initially: Feeling Amorous, Cherry Glaze and Red Necessity. All of these are bright colours, and right up my alley. There’s not one I don’t love. So, days after receiving my package in the mail, I went thee to a MAC counter to peruse the rest of the collection, and lo and behold, I ended up with another colour, Out for Passion.

The focus today though is on Cherry Glaze, a lovely cherry red. This is such a wearable red. It’s one of those colours you could just slap on and call it a day. It feels great on too.

The Huggable lipsticks feel like a balm (they do ‘hug’ your lips), offer a great sheen like a gloss but have the staying power of a lipstick. The formula reminds me of the Chantacaille reviewed here and here. On me these lasted a solid four hour to five hours, which is good in my books.

All in all, I see myself using this colour a lot. I’ll share the other colours with you in the coming days.

Which of the MAC Huggable lipsticks have captured your fancy?

6 thoughts on “Love This: Cherry Glaze Huggable Lip Colour from MAC

• January 15, 2014 at 1:17 pm

LOL I need to go on a spending band on clothing too haha. Old Navy and Gap online has been KILLING me. :)
    I was waiting for someone I trust to tell me about these before I try one! Must get one now!

• January 15, 2014 at 7:19 pm

Oh Tracy, the ON/Gap/BR combo is what did me in last year. I had to stop! All those regular deals they have online led to a closet full of clothes last year. LOL. These lipsticks are lovely. I have a bright pink one you would love!

• January 15, 2014 at 1:22 pm

Hey Michelle, you’re right to love this one! It brightens your complexion so much! I haven’t checked these out yet, but the general feedback is good so I should do it soon!

• January 15, 2014 at 7:19 pm

Hi Sunny, yes I recommend! They are really great quality and love the way they feel on my lips. Colour selection is great too!

• January 15, 2014 at 1:43 pm

Looks great!! I bought 6 of these as soon as they launched-but I haven’t actually had time to try them out yet…..this weekend!!

Stacey Expat Make-Up Addict

• January 15, 2014 at 7:20 pm

Six! I’m jealous :). Look forward to hearing what you think!