I Confess: I Had A Moment Of (Makeup) Weakness

I have a confession. I hauled. I haven’t used that word in a while but today I couldn’t help myself.  From the comfort of my couch, I finally hit ‘checkout’ at Sephora online, the first time I’ve done this in a year! Yipeee!

I’m often asked why I still continue to buy makeup when I have so much already, and am fortunate enough to receive stuff regularly as a result of the blog.  There’s an easy answer to this. I’m a makeup fanatic through and through. It’s in my DNA. While I love what I have and feel very fortunate to receive press samples, it’s a totally different experience to actually pick what you want. It’s what I enjoy and I haven’t done it in a while to this extent at least.  And honestly, there are worse addictions in life than what I have, right?

If you’ve followed my blog for a while, maybe you’ve noticed that my makeup shopping sprees are few and far between these days. Gone are the days I would stalk the MAC counters when a new Limited Edition collection was released. These days, I do my research before jumping in and more often than not, the majority of my ‘extra’ makeup purchases are refills or replacements of products I already use.

Today’s haul was limited to three things:  Urban Decay’s Naked 3 palette, Hourglass Ambient Powder in Diffused Light, and Make Up For Ever HD Foundation.

The MUFE Foundation in #140 is reorder — I’ve been out of this foundation for a while and I love it. It gives such great coverage but doesn’t make you look too made up.  As for the Hourglass Ambient Powder, remember the other day when I wrote about Dim Light and I said I felt the need to acquire more? Well, let’s just say this is the start of it. I don’t know why I chose Diffused Light — I like the sound of it in theory.

As for Naked Palette 3, this is a ‘just because’ purchase.  I have the other two palettes and I use them regularly. I know I probably have similar colours in my collection already but I couldn’t help myself. I have fallen for the hype.

With my order, I finally reached VIB status at Sephora. Merry Christmas to me, indeed!

Have you had a makeup moment lately?

14 thoughts on “I Confess: I Had A Moment Of (Makeup) Weakness

• December 8, 2013 at 4:03 pm

Yaaay on your order! I’d love to hear what you think about Diffused Light and Naked 3! I’ll probably skip Naked 3, as I don’t tend to wear pinkish shades well :)

• December 9, 2013 at 8:36 pm

Will keep you posted, Sunny! :)

• December 8, 2013 at 4:53 pm

Good for your – Merry Christmas, indeed! Sometimes there’s nothing like hauling a few hand-picked items you’ve been jonesing for for awhile. I recently ordered my first ever Burberry items; a lip mist and a sheer eyeshadow. They arrived about 2 weeks ago and I LOVE them! I also have Diffused Light, I think you’ll like it because it’s got a nice yellow tone to it that gives you a powdered finish without sapping all of the natural-looking glow. Can’t wait to see what you do with Naked 3!! Hugs! :)

• December 9, 2013 at 8:37 pm

Hey lady, I’m a big Burberry fan. I haven’t bought anything from the brand in a while but the pieces I do own are just fab. Thanks for the hugs! xo

• December 8, 2013 at 6:16 pm

Great choices Michelle! I’ll be waiting for your review of Naked 3 which might become my first UD palette. I don’t own any and I think these shades would be a nice to use in February you know like a transition to spring! :)

• December 9, 2013 at 8:38 pm

Thanks for the support Icaria! I will definitely post a review ASAP.

• December 8, 2013 at 11:42 pm

Great haul! You’re really making me want to try the Mufe foundation! I will definitely skip Naked 3 though, since a lot of the shades look too light for my skintone.

• December 9, 2013 at 1:40 am

Merry Christmas indeed :-) I do little hauls here and there, so I don’t feel so deprived. LOL! I’m not feeling Naked3 because I don’t wear pinks or roses well. It’s fortunate we get sent stuff, and you’re right that it’s totally different to buy something you’ve wanted all along…unless of course, PR sends you something you wanted badly. Now, that’s a bonus :-P

• December 9, 2013 at 8:42 pm

Thanks Lily! I made a few purchases throughout the year but not three big items all at once. So excited to see my items shipped today. Thanks for stopping by – I love your blog!

• December 9, 2013 at 7:03 am

I love Naked 3 and use it so much that my makeup is going to get boring soon! I even used it on a friend Saturday when I did her makeup for a holiday party. I’m curious about Diffused Light and do hope you review it. I have the palette that came out but am slightly underwhelmed by it. Haul on, Michelle. You’re right…there are far worse addictions to have :)

• December 9, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Thanks for the words of support, Alison! I am excited to see this palette in person. As for Diffused Light, we’ll see. ;)

• December 9, 2013 at 8:15 am

After a self imposed makeup spending ban I finally caved and I pulled the trigger on an online Sephora purchase. I had to try the Naked 3 as well (I have fallen for the hype too). My excuse? I couldn’t let my beauty insider 20% off coupon go to waste. lol

• December 9, 2013 at 8:44 pm

LOL — I agree — never let a 20% off coupon go to waste! Can’t wait to hear what you think about palette.