YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain #28

A new month, a new lip colour. And it’s from YSL’s Spring collection: *Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain #28.

Upon first glance, #28 might seem like more of a Fall colour. It’s a brick red that has a lot of depth. Gorgeous. I fell head over heels in love on first swatch.

The formulation is amazing. It’s not sticky, it’s highly pigmented and feels divine to wear. Since I tried these initially, I’ve seen a number of companies launch similar offerings but to me, they aren’t the same as these. These Glossy Stains are splurge-worthy.

For my previous review and swatches of other YSL Glossy Stains, click here.

Stay tune for more on YSL’s Spring collection, including another Glossy Stain and a lipstick (of course!).

11 thoughts on “YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain #28

• February 1, 2013 at 9:16 am

Where did you find #28? It’s not on the Sephora website and now I’m wondering what shade it is! Is the shade Grenat Acrylic that I’m seeing on The Bay website? It’s gorgeous!!!

• February 3, 2013 at 5:08 pm

Hey Annick, I received a sample of #28. It could very well be – let me look into it for you!

• February 3, 2013 at 5:08 pm

This colour would look divine on you Saadeh!

• February 3, 2013 at 5:09 pm

This colour is so you!

• February 1, 2013 at 2:05 pm

WOOF. That colour is just magnificent. Is that other one #29? :D

• February 3, 2013 at 5:09 pm

This is #28, and the other is #27 — peachy. Coming up soon :-)

• February 1, 2013 at 6:18 pm

That looks soooooo pretty. I don’t love the texture of YSL lipstick, so this might just be the thing to change my mind about YSL lip products!

• February 3, 2013 at 5:09 pm

These are very different from lipstick. More like gloss but has lasting power. Love these!

• Pingback: Lipstick Diary: L’Oreal Caresse Shine Stain in Endless Red