Oxblood colour lipstick? Sign Me Up!

Oxblood. It’s a description of the deep berry, blood red colour that is one of the ‘it’ colours of the season. Something about the word evokes richness, depth, and ‘schmexiness.’  I wanted Oxblood colour for my lips. I own a few lipsticks in this colour range and didn’t think I ‘needed’ to get another…until I saw Rae’s post on The Notice (link!) about MAC’s Desire.

After reading it, I desired Desire. Again. You see, I owned it way back when but Back to MAC’d it when I thought I was over the colour.

I’m clearly not. I do have to say it brings me back to ’90s and the dark lips phase I went through. If you’re of my vintage, you know what I mean. Today, it’s modern and can I say, edgy. Here I swiped it a couple of times on my lips for the full coverage effect. Click on photos to see the colour in more detail. It has a nice sheen and depth to it, yes?

Check out Rae’s post for other ways to wear this beautiful, versatile, Oxblood-coloured lipstick.

Are you sporting darker lipsticks this winter?

7 thoughts on “Oxblood colour lipstick? Sign Me Up!

• January 5, 2013 at 2:47 pm

Eeeee! This looks stunning on you, my dear :o) I can’t believe you had b2m’ed it once upon a time!

<3. !

• January 5, 2013 at 4:49 pm

I know right? Thanks again for inspiring me :-)

• January 5, 2013 at 4:35 pm

what a beautiful colour on you Michelle :) I don’t believe I own this shade but other colours I could dupe.

Btw for some reason the term oxblood makes me uneasy. I mush prefer to call it good ol’ burgundy :D

• January 5, 2013 at 4:50 pm

You should check it out – I bet it would look amazing on you. I have to say I agree with you re: the term Oxblood. LOL

• January 6, 2013 at 12:09 am

Love this colour on you. Think I am going to get it! And P.S. I am totally of your “vintage” so I do remember the 90′s dark lipstick phase. In fact Clinque’ “Black Honey” is one I used back in the day and have continued to use – in my makeup bag now! Oldies but goodies I say!!

• January 6, 2013 at 1:55 pm

Looks really pretty on you Michelle! It always amazes me how many lippies MAC actually has and how you can find a gem in them that you may have ignored before!