Giorgio Armani Rouge d’Armani #408 Lipstick

I’m so over winter. It pains me to no end that there is such a lack of light in the morning and in the evenings. It also puts such a serious crimp on my photo taking abilities. Yes, the life of a beauty blogger.

Case in point: my attempts above to take an accurate shot of Giorgio Armani’s Rouge d’Armani* in #408.  It’s been nearly impossible to capture how beautiful it is. It’s like a deep red wine colour, which is a colour I’ve been obsessed about this winter.

Rouge d’Armani #408, called Rosewood Red, has been described as a cool-toned red or raspberry red with a bit of fine shimmer. On me, it has a bit more of purple undertone. It is a highly pigmented lipstick though in the photos here, I wore it in a more muted way by patting it on with my finger.  I just felt like it you know?

I haven’t tried many Rouge d’Armani lipsticks but the ones I’ve tried are super comfortable to wear with great staying power.

Rouge d’Armani #408 is such a versatile colour that can be worn for a night out or at the office. The swatch below is a lot closer to the actual colour than what you see on my lips in the photo. But I think you can see that it does add a nice finish to a look, and has a very sophisticated feel to it.

This lipstick is definitely one of my new favourites this month.

Hope you’re having a wonderful weekend!

9 thoughts on “Giorgio Armani Rouge d’Armani #408 Lipstick

• January 27, 2013 at 12:31 pm

I have this one too and I love it! It looks lighter on you somehow, but gorgeous anyways! And yes I get the painful lack of light situation as well. It’s SO SO hard to get up in the morning!

• January 27, 2013 at 2:33 pm

Hey Sunny, It is darker normally on me too but on this day I just patted it on lightly. The lighting is terrible too — wish I could have captured it better. But you are right – it is a gorgeous colour.

• January 27, 2013 at 1:36 pm

I love this shade on you michelle. Its natural but has a bit of a pop too which is awesome! I have yet to try Armani lipsticks. I do love their eyes to kill eyeshadows and mascara though…

C’mon winter just started…and you guys in TO barely see any cold weather ;)

• January 27, 2013 at 2:34 pm

Thank you! I think this colour would be amazing on you. As for winter, yes…remember we are the town where the mayor called in the army when we had a big snowfall ;-)

• January 27, 2013 at 3:26 pm

Hi Michelle, this looks both sophisticated and beautiful! I think the finger method would work well with such an intense color :-)

• January 27, 2013 at 8:55 pm

Hi Dovey! Thank you. It can be an intense colour which is why I muted it down for work on this day. I might do another post to show it in its full intensity!

• January 27, 2013 at 8:55 pm

LOL – have a lot of lipstick Tracy? ;-) I think you do have this!

• January 28, 2013 at 11:15 am

Oh my! This is right up my alley! Looove & it looks beautiful on you. Perfect!