I Feel The Need…The Need for…a Haul?

Over the holidays, I went on a product purge giving away a lot of products to friends and family. It felt good to find new homes for products that had gone unloved.  I felt free and ready to start anew. Perfect timing with the new year.

But over the past couple of days, I got that feeling. If you’re a beauty addict, you know the one. The one that compels one to shop for beauty products in copious amounts. Hauling is often used to describe this tendency.

It seems that as soon as I was able to let go of things, it opened the door to new ‘wants.’ Yikes! Will this ever stop?

At the top of my list is Urban Decay’s Naked Basics Palette. I use the Naked and Naked 2 palettes almost daily, and when I heard about this palette,  I see that it is right up my alley. Matte neutrals? Why yes please. I know I have many likely dupes of these colours but it doesn’t matter.  In the words of a famous Hobbit, “I wants it.”

Next on my list are actually repurchases. I am looking to get Diorskin Nude foundation which I finished over a year ago, and Chanel Mademoiselle lipstick which I posted about last week. They are go-to items that I am missing in my daily rotation now.

But aside from these items, I have a serious need/want to shop and just randomly find things. I miss doing this. I know it’s not a bad thing if I don’t do it regularly, right? So, do you have any recommendations? ;-)

9 thoughts on “I Feel The Need…The Need for…a Haul?

• December 31, 2012 at 12:59 pm

OOooh! Shopping! I was thinking about that Naked Basics Palette too, but last Shopper’s Redemption I got the Stila Matte one and it’s AMAZING. More colours AND you can even use them wet! Check that one out!

• December 31, 2012 at 3:50 pm

Ok I have added this on my list to investigate! I’m going to hopefully haul by end of week :-)

• December 31, 2012 at 3:46 pm

You’re not the only one. I’ve been getting this urge a lot lately and keep researching foundations and powders. Stuff I don’t really need but have a craving for (difficult to explain to not makeup junkies). And today, I got to crush a very old lemming, I finally got my hands on the Chantecaille Tigers in the Wild palette! At 50% off, it would have been rude not to, right? ;)

Happy New Year x

• December 31, 2012 at 3:51 pm

50% off? It would totally have been rude to ignore this one. ;-) Happy New year to you too!

• December 31, 2012 at 9:13 pm

wow. i am feeling the same way. only for me i am playing “catch up” with stuff i never bought during the autumn and for the holidays. now they have the spring stuff out. i have tons of stuff in my nordstrom cart and am debating whether to just close my eyes and push that button. lol. Love your blog Michelle btw. :-)

• January 1, 2013 at 9:10 am

Gotta love the items in the online shopping cart! I do the same. LOL. Thanks so much for reading. Appreciate it! xo

• January 1, 2013 at 6:41 am

I been eyeing off the naked basic palette! I also use the naked 1 & 2 palette everyday so my justification is if I love those two palette, im sure i would love the basic too.

• January 1, 2013 at 9:11 am

It feels right yes?

• January 1, 2013 at 5:22 pm

I have a massive MASSIVE list of things to buy. It is scary. But i am trying to at least make it past January 1st. LOL! Arghh. And all of a sudden, i had this urge to find a new eyeshadow palette, but I think that’s because i just want to wear more eyeshadow, not actually buy more! LMAO!