Look at Me I’m Glowing…

Ladies (and gents?), I’m here to report that I think I’ve made great strides in my quest to improve my blush application. Remember that post when I told you I didn’t know how? Click here in case you missed it.

Slowly but surely, I’ve tried to apply blush more on the cheekbones (no apple cheeks for me I’m afraid) and building up the colour. And you know what? I think I’ve improved. Take this FOTD I took the other day for my Chanel Cambon lipstick post.

Here I applied shu uemura’s Fairy Pink, a lovey peachy pink that has become one of my favorite blushes.(Love the dome shape, don’t you?)

When I first got this blush, I applied it sparingly. Not sure why given how natural looking this colour is. I’ve tried to take it up a notch¬† applying a bit more than my normal amount. I think it’s pretty natural still and complements the look. What I love about this blush is how easily it blends into the skin, and how easy it is to build up. A few simple taps and voila, instant glowy face. Love it.

While¬† I don’t think I’ve perfected my blush application, I’m improving. And that makes me very excited.

14 thoughts on “Look at Me I’m Glowing…

• April 29, 2012 at 5:05 pm

You looks so fresh faced and lovely my friend! I’m a cheekbone applier too, as my apples are HUGE and I’d look like a ridiculous clown. You are learning the ways of a blush fiend for sure now!

• May 2, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Slowly but surely! I think I was already a blush fiend, at least in terms of blush accumulation/hoarding ;-)

• April 29, 2012 at 6:15 pm

I used to be an apple of the cheeks girl but found applying blush on my cheekbones was very slimming and more natural looking. I think it all depends on a person’s features for what looks best. I love love love your lipstick in this look!

• May 2, 2012 at 8:22 pm

Agree! Thanks. The lipstick is Cambon by Chanel that I posted about last week. :)

• April 29, 2012 at 8:42 pm

you definitely have an amazing glow in this picture. Love the blush on you :) How long does this formula last on you?

I’m a blush + bronzer addict. I can’t leave the house without bronzer. Now that I got a tan while on vacation i do blush and highlighter

• May 2, 2012 at 8:22 pm

Hey Saadeh, on me this lasts a full work day! I’ve actually been skipping bronzer lately…think I’m gonna have to revisit!

• May 2, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Thanks Emi!

• April 30, 2012 at 6:28 am

looking lovely michelle, p.s. the gold looks beautiful against your skin tone =)

• May 2, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Thanks Faye Lu. I never wore gold chains before but I’m loving this too!

• May 1, 2012 at 5:09 pm

perfection in your application. that dome reminds me of my new fave Maybelline Bouncy blush in “peach satin” I just bought!! it’s my new cheek love.

• May 2, 2012 at 8:23 pm

I’m testing some of those out too JennySue. They look very similar — interestingly they are both part of the L’Oreal family so no wonder!

• May 6, 2012 at 9:57 am

So jelly! I wanted this blush but missed it before it sold out *cries* it looks beautiful on you!!!

• May 8, 2012 at 8:39 pm

Thanks Jane! It is beeeyutiful ;-) One of my favorites.